Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gingerbread Jewelry this Christmas


Gosh, it's Dec and I haven't updated this blog since Thanksgiving!! I've been soooo busy... so I'm sorry about that. :)

Anyway, I'm really excited to show you my new handmade jewelry (or jewellery UK English) which I created for Christmas this year. Despite there being other 'mini food jewelry artisans' out there, I don't think anyone else is doing miniature gingerbread house earrings as dangle earrings - so I feel like they're quite special and unique. I worked hard on creating a special and unique design too.
They are also extremely tiny (much smaller than they appear in the photos) - so they will be a talking point at the Christmas party I'm sure!

Handmade by myself in smaller than one inch scale - these little iced gems hang on surgical steel findings (in black because I felt that would look cooler than silver), and all of the candy on them was handmade entirely by myself. See gingerbread house pendants below as well.

Here's a 'making of' photo below... I did a few at a time and hardened them in my craft oven, then once cooled I attached the earring findings. Just a little varnish in places and they were ready!

Find them at my online Hummingbird Miniatures Etsy shop and order ASAP to ensure you get them in time for Christmas gift-giving. They come in my pretty Hummingbird Miniatures packaging - so they're ready little stocking fillers!
** Please note that my Hummingbird Miniatures shop will close for 2 weeks (16th Dec 2013 - 1st Jan 2014) so that I can travel home to England for the holidays - get your sales in before that date! :) **








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...